Competition Terms & Conditions
“WIN A 15K MAKEOVER” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to, New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria residents aged 18 years or over who are a property owner or either a strata committee member for a strata property or have permission from a strata committee for a strata property/plan to enter on behalf of that committee and property/plan.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion open on 08/02/2019 and close at 11:59 PM on 29/03/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, eligible individuals must, during the Promotional Period, visit https://picagroup.com.au/win follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, address, State, a valid email and answer if you are a strata committee member), and submit the fully completed form.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person. Multiple entries from the same strata property are permitted, subject to the above and each entry being submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at Prudential Investment Company of Australia (“PICA Group”) at 66 Goulburn Street Sydney 2000 on 04/04/2019 at 11.00AM, in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified in writing via email within (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online on the PICA Group Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thepicagroup/ from 04/04/2019.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win AUD$15,000.00 (excluding tax) towards a maintenance activity or makeover of their strata property/plan. The prize will be awarded subject to the following conditions:a) The winner, in consultation with their relevant strata committee, will be responsible for organising and appointing all suppliers and contractors for their desired strata property improvements;b) All invoices related to strata property improvements will be paid up to the value of AUD$15,000.00 (excluding tax);
c) The winner must send copies of receipts/invoices to PICA Group at email@example.com by 11:59pm AEST on 30/09/2019;
d) Invoice payment is at PICA Groups sole discretion;
e) Once PICA Group accepts an invoice, subject to the maximum prize amount having not been reached, payment of the stated amount and the applicable tax will be made by PICA Group directly to the bank account of the appointed contractor/supplier stated on the invoice. For the sake of clarity, in the event an invoice amount exceeds the maximum prize amount to be awarded, PICA Group will only pay the portion of the invoice up to the maximum prize amount; and
f) Any costs of the makeover in excess of AUD$15,000 (excluding tax) will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- Total prize pool value is AUD$15,000.00 (excluding tax).
- Prize, or any unused portion, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 03/07/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winner, if any, will be notified in writing via email within (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published online on the PICA Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thepicagroup/ from 04/04/2019.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking of the prize.
- The Promoter is Prudential Investment Company of Australia (“PICA Group”) (84 004 266 817) of Level 27, 66 Goulburn Street Sydney 2000, telephone: 02 8216 0397 (“Promoter”).
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/31427