When you live in a body corporate scheme, it can be confusing to figure out whether you need to pay for maintenance or if it’s covered by the body corporate. Here’s a quick reference guide:

If you live in a high-rise development (known as a building format plan):

If you live in a gated community (known as a standard format plan):

If you’re not sure where your responsibilities begin and end, contact your body corporate manager for help.

PICA Group tip: Your body corporate insurance may cover some repairs inside your apartment if the damage was caused by an insurable event. Speak to your body corporate manager to confirm.