Community Health & Safety
Community Health & Safety (CH&S) offers committee members and owners a practical solution to minimise the risks to your scheme.
All owners corporations and bodies corporate have a legal obligation and moral ‘Duty of Care’ to ensure the health and safety of all people using common property.
Failure to meet your ‘Duty of Care’ obligations may result in a large financial impact to your scheme as a consequence of an incident where someone is hurt, and may include compensation claims, either or both under Common Law or Commercial Law.
ACT NOW TO MINIMISE RISK TO YOUR SCHEME. CONTACT YOUR MANAGER TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT Community Health & Safety
As your strata management company, we are continually looking for new ways to improve our client services. By choosing to use the Community Health & Safety (CH&S) service, you will ensure that your scheme is able to demonstrate that it is taking all the reasonably practical steps to ensure the health and safety of all users of your common property.
There is no excuse in claiming ignorance as breaches in obligations under ‘Duty of Care’ can cost dearly if someone is hurt. Incidents do and will occur. Doing something to prevent them is simple and easy with professional advice.
So if you are aware of any known potential Health & Safety (H&S) risks or hazards that could affect any person using the common areas of your complex, you need to report this immediately to your Committee or Strata Manager.
Community Health & Safety is a low cost service that offers you:
- Guides and ongoing updates
- Health & Safety reporting system
- Tracking of incidents and known hazards
- 24/7 call center to report hazards & incidents
Benefits of using Community Health & Safety (CH&S):
- Hours of operation: 24 Hours / 7 days a week
- A free to call service for all Health & Safety issues
- CH&S is available for committees, owners, tenants, temporary residents, contractors, employees and visitors to contact and advise us of any H&S issues
- Our CH&S staff are able to advise on temporary measures to rectify H&S issues until standard work hours
- CH&S staff have access to all of your plan details, and are able to identify if there are already works being undertaken, thus preventing unnecessary callouts
- CH&S will log and monitor all H&S hazards to ensure that the works are being managed in a timely and efficient manner
- CH&S will log and monitor all H&S incidents to ensure that the records are kept accurately and efficiently, and that the appropriate regulatory bodies are informed
- CH&S can produce quarterly reports showing what H&S issues have been identified, what was done, or needs to be done, to rectify the issues, and keep these reports for future reference
- CH&S can track works on buildings, identify any recurring H&S problem areas, advise your portfolio manager accordingly, and follow up on the rectifications required
- CH&S can help committees identify the H&S responsibilities, and provide the scheme with standard sets of Safety Guides to ensure a safer building and surrounds
- CH&S can work with your professional safety advisors, helping to monitor any risks or hazards identified in their reports, to ensure that potential incidents are avoided
- CH&S staff can identify emergency situations which require immediate rectification, and arrange for the appropriate qualified contractor/s to rectify
- Our CH&S contractors are part of our exclusive Community Select database, thereby ensuring that they are suitably qualified, registered and insured
- The committee will have access to H&S Guides and relevant updates via Community Hub
Improved tracking of CH&S issues, including work orders and invoicing can be found via Community Hub