What is Community Select?
Community Select is a directory of certified contractors and professional service providers for use by committees and lot owners.
All contractors and professional service providers on the directory have gone through a thorough screening process to ensure compliance with legislative requirements (licensing and safe practices) and insurance types, as well as standards as set by PICA Group.
Using contractors who have been authorised through the Community Select process gives you peace of mind that you are using suitably qualified, licensed and insured contractors every time.
How does it work?
Community Select provides an online registration system where contractors (including consultants) are able to self-register, upload the necessary documents and maintain their business details.
Once the verification process has been satisfied, the contractor is considered to be an authorised contractor, activated to the Community Select database, and available for selection to be forwarded requests for quotes and work orders.
I’m a contractor – how do I register?
Before you register, ensure you meet the following minimum requirements, and have supporting documentation ready to upload:
- Be registered as a business for tax purposes in Australia
- Have a minimum $10 million Public & Product Liability Insurance (in respect of each and every occurrence and unlimited in aggregate for any one period of cover)
- Have a minimum $1 million Professional Indemnity Insurance (where applicable)
- Have Statutory Workers Compensation insurance for all employees (where applicable)
- Hold all licences relevant to services provided
- Have an established Quality Management system (consultants only)
- Have an established Health & Safety Management system
- Accept the Community Select Safe Work Agreement and Contractor Code of Conduct (copies are available from Community Select or during registration).
Register your details and upload any necessary documents at communityselect.com.au. You will receive a confirmation email once the verification process has been completed satisfactorily, and will then be visible in the Community Select System for managers to use and assign quotes or work orders.
Please Note: You must have an email address to be able to register through the online portal.
For more information about the online contractor authorisation system, visit communityselect.com.au. You can also contact our Community Select team on 1300 858 227 or email email@example.com with any questions regarding the process.